Monday, September 24, 2007

About Pastor Nour


Nabil Subhi Nour, 52, is a naturalized U.S. citizen; however, I grew up in Nazareth, Israel. My father still reside in Haifa, about 20 miles south of Nazareth or 65 miles North of Tel-Aviv. I am a Palestinian by Nationality, and came to the U.S. at the age of 16 with no English skills. My languages are Arabic and Hebrew. I entered the 11th grade at Huron High School in South Dakota. Learning English was a very difficult and demanding effort. I entered Huron College now (Huron University) and graduated in 1979 with a B. S. degree in criminology and sociology, with minors in psychology and gerontology.



In 1977 I married Jean Marie Miedema of Hitchcock, S.D. Into this marriage three lovely sons were given us, Tony, 28, David, 24, and Michael 15. After converting to Lutheranism, I received encouragement to consider the pastoral office from my fellow church members and pastor.
In 1989 I entered Concordia Theological Seminary in St. Louis, MO. and graduated in the Spring of 1994 with a Master of Divinity Degree. I am now a servant of the most High God and Lord, in His vineyard at Armour, South Dakota. And I am enrolled at the same Seminary for the Doctoral of Ministry Program in the department of Homiletics and also writing a Bible Study for CPH on the book of Ruth.


Pastor Nour travels and lectures often on how to live the Christian life in a postmodern time; How to Witness to Muslim and other topics.

1 comment:

Marg said...

Greetings,
Just saw your page and wanted you to know it is great.
Marg